Overall Purpose of the Position
To maintain the financial records of the foundation as per international financial standards.
- Cashbook management (registration of cash and bank transactions, bank accounts and cash balances, etc.);
- Supervision of the financial movements and funds coming from donors to projects;
- Constantly monitoring that expenses are in line with the budget approved;
- Prepare monthly financial reports;
- Prepare documents and final financial reports for the donors and for auditor;
- To liaise with the Auditor’s in making the Annual Tax returns for the Foundation.
- Process all statutory payments and returns (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, etc.).
- Ensure that all project procurements of goods and services are in line with donors’ regulations and guidelines where applicable;
- Prepare contracts with suppliers, partners and service providers, and monitor their administrative compliance with Kenyan law
- Ensure timely payment of property rent & rates utilities. Etc.;
- Annual renewal of insurance policies & timely payment of premiums & pension contributions.
- To make and receive payments.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Keep track of advances or loans taken by staff.
- To handle the audits commissioned by donor agencies.
- To do the quarterly & annual stock taking & update the inventory.
- To prepare the annual budget in consultation with the administrator’s & foundation head for approval by the BOT
- Minimum academic qualification: A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with Finance or Accounting option
- Professional registration: CPA IV.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Skill in dealing with people, communication, exercising initiative, problem solving, decision making & meeting deadlines.
- Computerized accounting