The Public Finance Management Act, 2012 and the Public Finance Management Regulation, 2015 require that each public entity shall establish an Audit Committee. The National Gender and Equality Commission seeks to recruit suitable candidates for the following positions on a term of three years on part time basis, renewable subject to satisfactory performance
REMUNERATION: ALLOWANCES AS STIPULATED BY THE SRC GUIDELINES
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this position, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance/Accounting option), Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance/Accounting option) or related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Be Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Be a member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good standing.
- Should have at least 10 years’ experience at a senior level in the private or public sector.
- Excellent working knowledge of an audit committee‘s functions and risk management frameworks;
- Be independent, proactive with confidence and integrity
- Proficiency in use of computer applications
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability as shown in work performance and results
- Not a holder of a political office
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The members constituting the audit committee will report to the Commission and Executive Management on, the significant financial reporting issues and judgements made in connection with the preparation of the Commission’s financial statements (having regard to matters communicated to it by the auditor), interim reports, preliminary announcements and related formal statements.
The duties and responsibilities will include-
- Obtaining assurance from management that all financial and non-financial internal control and risk management functions are operating effectively and reliably.
- Be responsible for the management, development, effective performance and provide leadership to the Audit committee
- Act as the spokesperson for the Audit Committee
- Providing an independent review of an entity‘s reporting functions to ensure the integrity of financial reports.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the entity‘s performance management and performance information.
- Providing strong and effective oversight of the Commission’s internal audit function.
- Providing effective liaison and facilitating communication between management, internal audit and external audit.
- Providing oversight of the implementation of accepted audit recommendations.
- Ensuring the Commission effectively monitors compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the National Identity Card and
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are requested to visit the NGEC website www.ngeckenya.org under the careers section where comprehensive job descriptions have been posted. All applications MUST BE SUBMITTED IN SOFT COPY ONLY, through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Commission on or before 20th July 2021 at 5.00 pm
Please note that:
- The National Gender and Equality Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Commission does not ask for any money nor asks applicants to undergo any medical examination
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, POLICE(Certificate of Good Conduct), EACC, HELB and CRB.
- It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification