To ensure that company quality management systems are implemented and maintained. Ensure safe and healthy KenGen work places. Coordinate health and safety systems in KenGen. Identify hazards and assess risks to health and safety, put appropriate safety controls in place, and provide advice on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate Quality Management System (ISO 9001) activities as per the Standard’s requirements.
- Co-ordinate Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) activities as per the Standard’s requirements.
- Develop and manage staff through timely performance appraisal Plan and implement the quality, safety and environmental management systems in line with ISO 9001and 14001 standards respectively.
- Coordinate and initiate follow-ups of the ISO /EMS internal audits.
- Maintain, analyze and trend the area’s quality , environmental and safety management systems’ records to determine the level of the systems performance
- Report to the area management on the system’s performance on a monthly basis.
- Conduct periodic audits of work practices to check compliance with established operational standards.
- Ensure adherence to the KenGen’s occupational safety and health policy, statutory/ legal requirements as expressed in the occupational safety and health Act(OSHA-2007), Energy Act, safety regulations, Environmental Management Coordination Act and local authorities by- laws pertaining to health and safety
- Liaise with the local authorities on mitigation of impacts of actual and potential emergency situations in the areas installations
- Ensure that the area installations have safety systems of work in place.
Required qualifications and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Production , Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, or a related field.
- Member of relevant professional body of good standing.
- Quality management systems auditor qualification. ( QMS or EMS, or OSH)
- The candidate must have worked in a Quality and /or a safety role for at least seven years , three at a senior officer/engineer level and have a good understanding of quality and safety requirements for various manufacturing and business setups.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of ISO systems. Those who are ISO QMS or EMS certified will have an added advantage