RefuSHE protects, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in Nairobi, Kenya through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the immediate and longer-term needs of unaccompanied, separated, and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in Kenya. Over the past twelve years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
Position Title: Communications & Marketing Intern
Department: Communications & Marketing
Supervisor: Communications & Marketing Manager
Contract Duration: 3 Months Contract (Short-term fixed contract)
Specializations: Communications, Media, Public Relations, General Support
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Position Type: National
Anticipated Start Date: January 2022
- Assist in producing and executing marketing communications campaigns.
- Conducting research to inform communication activities e.g., news alerts, relevant events, speaking opportunities, PR cultivation opportunities.
- Help build and maintain email subscriber lists, media lists and support other contact management activities.
- Support event planning and execution.
- Drafting of content for press materials, including press releases, media alerts, and media guides.
- Providing support for content for RefuSHE’s social media platforms and website, utilizing RefuSHE ‘voice’ in all posts.
- Updating and maintaining marketing and communications multimedia resources
- Support in documentation and visibility for program activities.
- Pitch in where needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Demonstrated interest in communications, public relations, development communication, media and passionate about social causes and advocacy.
- Knowledge of social media and current trends.
- Strong writing abilities and computer skills.
- Willingness to conduct research and provide creative ideas for content.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of university or other academic institutions OR recently graduated.
Method of Application
Your application should be sent to email@example.com and copying firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title in the email subject as “Communications Intern” by close of business 7th January 2021. It should include a cover letter, detailed CV and any other relevant credentials.
Human Resources & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.