Our client has been the leading animal health company in East and Central Africa, since its inception in 1906. For over a century, our client has delivered high-quality products and solutions for livestock farming that is unparalleled in the region.
The purpose of this Role is to Develop, Manage and Grow the company Nutrition range in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Reporting Prepare and submit reports on Dairy & Beef Industry trends and effects on nutritional brands.
Risk Mitigation, Compliance & Audit
- Real-time utilisation of MacMobile to record all customer interactions. • Adhere and comply with the GMP, policies, procedures and statutory guidelines. • Consistently perform tasks as per documented policies & procedures and within agreed turnaround times and SLAs
- Close gaps/lapses identified; undertake corrective and preventative actions identified by audits, compliance reviews; investigations or any other assessment mechanisms within the agreed timelines.
- Manage activities within approved limits.
Productivity, Performance and Personal Development
- Deliver agreed on KPI’s as per department objectives. Institute immediate corrective action where performance is below par.
- Proactively manage personal learning and development Update personal job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional and industry events, meetings and forums.
- Adhere to HR policies in the management of employees and maintain a conducive working environment.
- Review of Nutritional brands trends, new product introduction issues, and special product and customer demands, and provide insights for credible forecasting.
- Participate in the Monthly Demand Planning Session & provide demand forecasts for nutritional & feed additive brands, by the customer as input in the S&OP process.
- Recruit & develop feed millers and other key customers for nutritional brands.
- Recruit & develop ranches/commercial farms for Genetics, nutritional & pest control brands.
- Reach out to technical personnel at Feed Millers and make presentations on our nutritional range, then liaise with the field team for follow up.
- Analyse the nutritive values of animal feed products and use the information to create/recommend improved dietary products for animals.
- Hand over recruited customers to Territory Manager or Key Account Manager for follow up and closing of the sale.
- Liaise with the relevant departments for the development of a suitable product, formulation approvals and identify suitable inputs from suitable suppliers.
- Liaise with Brand Managers, QA & Supply chain to identify suitable packaging for the product in development.
- Training of both (in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda) Staff as may be required from time to time, on best practices in animal nutrition.
- Liaise with Brand Managers & Digital Marketing Manager to create relevant content on nutritional brands for social media as well as for use in mainstream media, and for use in marketing communication material.
- • In collaboration with the Company procurement team and the regulatory team, liaise with relevant suppliers and partners to ensure compliance to animal nutrition products regulations in relevant countries.
- Identify risks & recommend mitigation steps.
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role. e.g. Degree, Diploma, HND, Certificate etc. Experience required: outline the duration and type of experience e.g. 3 years’ experience in accounts payable doing supplier reconciliation’s, payments etc.
- Minimum Degree in Animal Production/Nutrition or Veterinary Medicine
- A Master’s Degree in Animal Nutrition/Production is an added advantage.
- Highly developed skills in animal Nutrition/Production
- Possess an understanding of food processing techniques, with a working knowledge of economics, so as to ensure production of cost-effective feeds/supplements that also meet an animal’s nutritional needs.
- Good Communication Skills
- Training, Planning & Organising skills.
- Competent in basic computer applications
- Not less than 3 years’ commercial experience in Animal Nutrition/Production
IT Knowledge required in the role: indicate the applications, operating systems, information systems etc. that the position holder needs to be competent in to perform in the role. Indicate whether the knowledge required is basic, intermediary or advanced. • Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Intermediary