TERMS OF SERVICE: 5 YEARS CONTRACT RENEWABLE SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE
OTHER BENEFITS: Medical Cover, Group Life Insurance and WIBA
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director either in Human Resource and Administration or Finance and Planning for a minimum period of three (3) years or served in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector for a minimum period of twelve (12) years, eight (8) years of which must have been at management level;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Economics, Commerce, Business/Public Administration or in any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in Business/Public Administration, Economics, Commerce or any other relevant and comparable qualification from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development course from a recognized institution;
- Membership with a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Demonstrable understanding of national policies, goals and objectives and can relate them to the mandate of the Commission;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Computer skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in past work performance and results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Commission Secretary/CEO for the day-to-day management and administration of the corporate services function of the Commission.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and interpreting Financial, Human Resource, Administrative, Supply chain Management and ICT policies, procedures, standards, rules and regulations;
- Overseeing timely preparation of financial statements and accounts;
- Coordinating the development, production and circulation of institutional publications;
- Managing human, physical and financial resources of the Commission;
- Co-coordinating the preparation, publication and periodic review of the Commission’s Strategic Plan;
- Overseeing development and implementation of policies, standards and guidelines for the provision of administrative services and management; and
- Ensuring safe custody of the Commission’s assets and records.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements should submit their applications together with;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A copy of the National Identity Card and
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Applicants should submit three (3) names of referees and their mobile telephone and e-mail contacts.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements are requested to visit the NGEC website www.ngeckenya.org under the careers section where comprehensive job descriptions have been posted. All applications MUST BE SUBMITTED IN SOFT COPY ONLY, through the email address email@example.com to reach the Commission on or before 20th July 2021 at 5.00 pm
Please note that:
- The National Gender and Equality Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Commission does not ask for any money nor asks applicants to undergo any medical examination
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and will be required to provide clearance from KRA, POLICE(Certificate of Good Conduct), EACC, HELB and CRB.
- It is a criminal offence for any applicant to provide false information and documents in the job application
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification