The Ecosystems Execution Manager role purpose is to defy convention by bringing a multifaceted and unique spectrum of capabilities to develop best-in-class client centric solutions, set a path forward, and drive implementation.
By working with other, differently multifaceted ecosystem leads and the wider organization in small agile teams, the ecosystems execution manager will innovate highly valuable solutions in identified customer ecosystems.
The role holder will co-create with cross-functional teams, leveraging partnerships and platforms to design, build, incubate, bring to scale and commercialise solutions for customer needs that may extend well beyond what is understood as the existing realm of banking.
As this is a truly pioneering role within Stanbic, the optimal fit for this role will be a candidate wanting to roll-up their sleeves, look around corners to identify future needs, dive into a challenge.
The successful candidate will be customer focused, highly analytical, resourceful, able to operate at all levels of the organization and comfortable driving critical business decisions in a fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
The key focus for the Ecosystem Execution Manager is on the art of the possible and opportunity to define and develop new capabilities and business models. As a customer led disruptor, what is of paramount importance is a huge appetite to learn, to act and to learn again in an unrelenting focus on solving for what really matters to the customer.
- Exploit the intersection of customer value, ecosystems and technology to develop new models of deep customer engagement, new sources of revenue; fundamentally disrupting existing business models
- Drive an unconventional approach to established products, services and lines of business, to identify ecosystem driver and contributor opportunities.
- Driven by customer ecosystems and not linear products, generate a portfolio of platform businesses that solve for customer needs in specific ecosystems.
- Develop relationships, alliances and establish partnerships to collaborate effectively with key players in order to position SBK to best advantage in the customer ecosystem
- Strategy Execution
- Drive scale through execution of the ecosystem driver and contributor ambition in select ecosystems, connecting partners/producers and customers through owned (Stanbic) and partner platforms
- Research and understand business and use cases, and translate these customer needs into requirements, including high-level epics and story maps
- Collaborate with business owners and the assigned agile teams to define strategic roadmaps and prioritize delivery against business and customer value
- Own, measure and grow ecosystem users and revenue against identified KPIs, including optimization to maximize partnerships and business performance and achieve established goals
- Own the discipline around gate processes to ensure we promote solution “winners” and drop those with lesser trajectories
- Serve as the internal ecosystem thought leader in support of cross functional teams including client solutions, client segments and engineering
- Drive customer and partner discussions to deliver messaging/alignment on ecosystem value, feasibility, and scope
- Proactively evaluate new market and partnership opportunities, as well as emerging technologies
- Data-Driven Decisioning
- Engage customer data with deep authentic curiosity and empathy to gain deep insights into their ambitions and needs
- Data and insights being ubiquitous, the ecosystems execution manager will use these resources better than anyone else, and in new combinations to radically redefine operating models and value
- This is a team role and not one of a lone genius
- The role involves the complete solution life cycle; from initiation to full scale operation. Therefore, management skills involving teams of peers that enable a highly collaborative and creative work form the backdrop to this role
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Commerce or equivalent
- Digital Innovation and Digital Customer Experience certification desired
- 6 – 8 Years’ experience with:
- Diversity and breadth of skills
- Depth and breadth of experience in multiple areas of a business
- Proven exposure to end-to-end business processes that builds a deep understanding of the systemic nature of large complex organisation;
- Proven experience in understanding the impact of strategic decisions and delivery thereof on revenue and shareholders returns