About the role:
This role is to manage warehousing operations across Africa providing a service of executing operations, partnering with warehouse providers and adding value to each market in the region. The outcomes of this CoE are measured in: Cost Efficiency, Service and Collaborative and value creating relationships. He/she will also need to engage and partner with key Diageo Supply Partners (3PL’s, GDBS, resourcing partners etc.) as well as other external suppliers
- Deliver warehousing strategies and operations that are fit for purpose to support market requirements.
- Manage warehousing spend to be within budget and delivering operational savings.
- Lead and motivate the team to deliver the CoE requirements including influencing those non direct reports.
- Provide expert warehousing input understanding African dynamics to ensure credibility of CoE and optimisation initiatives.
- Develop a synergistic relationship with PLAN and SOURCE CoE and MAKE in market to ensure delivery of overall supply excellence
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of warehouse management including external 3PL warehouses in Africa.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a warehouse manager in a manufacturing company managing multiple sites including bonds in different countries.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and align stakeholders behind plans and win support for implementing change within the warehouse environment.
- BSc or MSc in a supply chain related subject.
- Ability to lead in environments where influence is more important than formal authority.
- Demonstrable knowledge of end to end supply chain and Customer collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation.
- An understanding of how leading technology can enable effective logistics operations.
- Excellent knowledge of WMS systems and experience of implementation.
- Demonstrable ability to drive savings through warehouse optimisation.
- Numerate and ability to apply KPI’s to drive performance management at all levels in the warehouse.