The Corporation is seeking to recruit an exceptional, qualified, experienced and results-oriented visionary leader with a strong commitment to NHC’s mandate, to fill the role of the Managing Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate is expected to implement the Corporation’s strategic vision and mandate.
As the vision bearer, the Managing Director shall lead, co-ordinate and motivate the staff of NHC, and drive change and innovation, while ensuring operational efficiency, service delivery, and performance. Working with the Board, the Managing Director shall be the face of the Corporation; engage, network and collaborate with various stakeholders and mobilize resources while demonstrating excellent financial and project management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and recommend to the Board the long-term strategy, business plans, performance contract and annual operating budgets to support the achievement of the mandate of the Corporation;
- Provide leadership in the communication and implementation of the Corporation’s strategy in line with its Vision;
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of the Corporation;
- Work with multiple stakeholders to mobilize resources, including funding, to meet the objectives of the Corporation;
- Manage the Corporation’s loan portfolio to ensure timely and effective debt collection and management;
- Proactively identify opportunities for change and innovation to enable the fulfilment of the Corporation’s mandate;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, laws, regulations and procedures;
- Establish proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures in line with the Corporation’s guidelines and best practice;
- Provide oversight of day-to-day operations of the Corporation through the Senior Management Team;
- Ensure the quality and value of the Corporation’s services and products exceed customer expectations; and
- Maintain a safe and conducive work environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating employees, to foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, good corporate citizenship and high performance.
- Be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in any of the following fields: Construction Management, Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying; Business Administration, Finance or Commerce, Physical Planning or equivalent, Land Economics; and Real Estate Management.
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant field;
- Be a member in good standing registered with a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years’ work experience, with not less than eight (8) years in the built environment, of which three (3) years have been served in a C-suite role;
- Should also demonstrate knowledge relevant to the built environment in any of the following areas: building and construction, infrastructure financing, project finance, transaction advisory/ deal making with a commercial view;
- Be visionary with exceptional strategic management skills and the ability to drive change, innovation, and transformation in an organization;
- Demonstrate the ability to drive the commercial and development agenda of the Corporation to achieve its growth;
- Have the ability to build and manage strategic partnerships and network in order to achieve the Corporation’s strategic objectives;
- Demonstrate end-to-end project development including capital raising, project management, sales, and loan portfolio management;
- Demonstrate experience in leading and managing a large, and complex operation;
- Demonstrating an understanding of public sector operations will be an added advantage;
- Have a strong track record of leading, managing and motivating staff towards high performance and productivity.