Abt Associates seeks a qualified Regional Trade Policy Director to lead trade policy activities within the USAID RISE TO Cross-border Resilience (CBR) Program. The Regional Trade Policy Director will be responsible for oversight of the trade policy plan, regional trade plans, and trade policy team. This oversight will include the design, implementation, and technical oversight of all team activities and this position will be the lead and main contact for trade policy activities and communications with government entities and stakeholders at the national, and regional level. The position will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon project award.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with and support the COP and DCOP on tasks related to governance, trade policy design, communications, and trade policy implementation
- Provide important technical expertise and oversight of technical personnel in relation to trade policy activities
- Provide oversight for implementation of trade policy activities, with responsibility (in collaboration with the COP) for the development of high-quality and timely deliverables, management, compliance, and reporting according to USAID and Abt Associates requirements
- Provide leadership, management, and support for the trade policy team
- A Master’s degree relating to governance, trade policy, resilience, food security, climate, hunger studies, conflict, and/or livelihoods
- 10 years of experience with business development, partnerships, agriculture, and livelihoods
- Experience managing international development projects as a senior manager, especially in trade policy, resilience, and/or livelihood programming.
- Prior USAID technical director experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working in crisis/fragile areas, preferably in East Africa
- Knowledge of and experience with food market systems in East Africa and good understanding of regional organizations working in food security, early warning and resilience (IGAD, FEWSNET, EAC)
- Understanding of components of the trade system in the regions specified, especially agriculture, livestock, cross-border trade, food systems, and local industry
- Good understanding of the regional economic and political context
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships and motivate subordinates
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Visit https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/100107/?location=Kenya&locationId=300000000228816&locationLevel=country&mode=location&utm for more information and to apply!