About CRE program
The successful candidate will work under the Head of the CRE programs in implementing on-going research projects and support in acquisition of new projects.
The CRE’s program mission is to contribute to Inclusive, pro poor and thriving climate change resilient economies for economic, social, and environmental sustainability in Africa. The program’s strategic objective is to support the development of enabling capacities, policies, organisations, and institutions for harnessing applications of climate change related sciences, technologies and innovations for energy access and security, water quality and security, biodiversity, and natural resource management in Africa.
- Have at least MSc in research related fields with interest and application on climate resilience issues.
- At least one years’ experience in climate research, natural resources management, and climate action related research and policy engagement.
- Strong team building, project management and networking skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the broad spectrum of issues related to climate policy and leadership.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary disciplines and in multistakeholder partnership projects.
- Excellent written and spoken English. The written skills will be demonstrated by a record of publications including through peer reviewed articles. Capacity to speak French or Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Some demonstratable experience in project proposal development
Skills and competences
- Have the capacity to work with both social sciences and natural sciences on climate change related topics including climate resilience, adaptation and mitigation, climate finance, climate change training, policy and leadership, and integration of cross-cutting themes especially gender and inclusivity perspectives.
- Some competence in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Some knowledge of data management methods and ability to use various quantitative and qualitative analysis software is an asset.
- Experience in undertaking fieldwork
- Excellent oral presentation skills and ability to engage technical and non-technical audiences including policy stakeholders on research findings and generally about our work.
Method of Application
How to apply
The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability of funding. Interested candidates should send their application and CV along with names of three referees by April 14th 2022 to the Human Resource Officer email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The initial appointment is for six months with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability of funding. Interested candidates should send their applications and CV along with the names of three referees by April 14th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com