- Have Primary teacher Education certificate.
- Must be a Trained SNE Teacher
- Be registered with TSC and in possession of TSC teacher certificate
- Have at least 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching of the primary school children with special needs according to the curriculum to improve quality education.
- Overall responsible for implementing and evaluating curriculum in the least restrictive environment to children with SNE in primary schools.
- Establish and maintain up to date professional and administrative records.
- Train SNE children in co-curriculum activities.
- Provide technical support to regular teachers on SNE matters to meet individual learners’ needs through development and implementation of IEP’s to learners’ eligible for specialised services in special classrooms and resource rooms.
- Assist head teacher and deputy head teacher to upload learners’ details on online data systems including NEMIS, conduct surveys and other related tasks, including registration of candidates for national examinations
- Capacity building of incentive SNE Teachers and regular class room teachers on specific needs, modification and accommodation of children with special needs.
- Provide itinerant services in areas of specialization.
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources to create a positive learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation through provision of stimulating activities that will arouse their curiosity, interest and enhance their discovery and observation skills.
- Assess and prescribe the right equipment to SNE children and train them to use them.
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the curriculum structure.
- Working with the school management and other stakeholders to ensure meaningful participation of SNE learners in all aspects of education.
- Guide and train parents of children with disability on basic concepts for upbringing of their children.
- Involve the refugee community through the PTA in SNE issues.
- Together with the SNE Monitors conduct community mobilization and sensitization on significance of SNE.
- And any other duty assigned by the officer in charge.
CALL FOR DONATIONS