No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title?
- Plan and coordinate the initiation of the study.
- Support in maintaining all required regulatory documentation.
- Develop standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with Data Management Unit in planning, implementing, and maintain data collection and management systems in support of research activities.
- Work with the county team to have a testing team for each venue on scheduled days.
- Plan and coordinate recruitement of community health volunteers, to conduct participant mobilization.
- Plan and coordinate recruitment of study data collection team as appropriate to the study.
- Provide support for study-related training activities.
- Develop and maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required.
- Liaise with officials from the county and sub county health department during study implementation as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to all study facilities to ensure compliance with protocol and human subjects’ protections.
- Coordinate provision of study updates throughout implementation and dissemination of results at the end of the study.
- Support in monitoring project expenditures and ensuring that they are in line with the budget.
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- BSc Nursing Officer/Higher diploma nursing/Clinical medicine with 3 years or diploma in nursing/clinical medicine with 5 years’ program implementation experience including mass mobilization at community level.
- Registration with the professional body with a valid license.
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with County’s Ministry of Health.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of Covid-19 issues in the health sector.
- Understanding of research methodologies and research ethics.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage/coordinate data collection staff.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English and Kiswahili.
- Prior ethics training in research with human subjects -a valid training certificate will be required.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Prior training in infection prevention and control is an added advantage.
- Prior experience working in Kiambu county is also an added an advantage.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B).