The jobholder will be responsible for drafting and review of SCM legal instruments with a view of securing compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations 2020, participate in negotiations and liaison with stakeholders for the processing of legal instruments.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Preparation and review of Supply Chain Management documentation to ensure compliance with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Liaison with stakeholders for the execution of contracts
- Implement corporate initiatives for the Supply Chain Department.
- Participation in the development of the Section’s Performance Targets.
- Preparation and implementation of the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Drafting of legal instruments.
- Participation in Negotiations of Contracts
- Reviewing Tender Documents before publications.
- Drafting terms and conditions of contract.
- Evaluating tenders as part of an in-house project team.
- Handling disputes arising from the interpretation of terms and conditions of contract
- Handling disputes arising from performance measurement/monitoring of a contract
- Advising on general legislation e.g. Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act
- Reviewing Professional Opinions, Tender Award Forms and Draft Letters of Award
- Preparing and submitting Status and Performance Reports
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor of Laws Degree.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- A Postgraduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK)
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 3 years post admission experience in commercial law and conveyancing practice.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Legal drafting skills.
- Research skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Time management.
- Communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer proficient.
- Team player.
VISIT https://kra.go.ke/en/careers/1244-supervisor-scm-conveyancing?utm FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY!